Saturday, June 20, 2009

What a week!

We have had a busy week. On Monday we went to Lakefield with my mom to visit my grandparents. I was nervous about being away from home for three days, but we had so much fun. Carter got to meet his great-grandma and grandpa Bauer and got to see his great-grandma and grandpa Jerlow again. It was a special couple of days; I, of course, cried everyday seeing Carter with my grandparents. My grandpa Bauer is in the nursing home and had been practicing so he could hold Carter. He held Carter everyday, and we took lots of pictures! It was really nice to have some company - not to mention some help - during the day. And my grandma Bauer even helped me put Carter to sleep at night. Carter slept for six hours and then three hours both nights - a new record! I know they are all really going to miss him.
As you can see from the pictures, we reached another milestone this week: Carter took a pacifier and kind of starting sucking his thumb! I'm hoping at least one of them sticks so he can start self-soothing. It would be nice to be able to put him down before he's fast asleep! Maybe then I could get something done during the day...

No comments:

Post a Comment